Jeffersonton Baptist Church is the second oldest Baptist Church in Culpeper County, VA and was constituted by Elijah Craig on December 11, 1773.
The first meeting house was located near Kelly’s Ford, the second near Freeman’s Ford, and in 1819, the third was built on the current church yard in Jeffersonton, VA. In 1848, work began on the present brick structure, and additional land was purchased here in Culpeper for a cemetery.
One Sunday morning in February 1877, the building caught fire from a chimney flue and burned. The church was rebuilt on the same walls. The portico was not added until 1921.